It's a Mystery

Sunday, August 17, 2014

And you thought I'd forgotten about Mystery Mondays. Tut tut. Despite an alarming upturn in the humidity, I am here. Nonetheless, perhaps the weather is making me a little cranky: I am here, but I'm not telling you what mystery to request from the library. No, instead I admit to two (well one book and one series) that I've never been able to lose myself in. 

https://www.tumblr.com/search/mystery+novels

A classic mystery novel that any aficionado should have polished off before you can say Hercule Poirot. Unfortunately, I've barely made it through 10%. Should I have persevered or was I right to decline The Moonstone?

http://magicoficecream.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/father-brown-the-essential-tales-modern-library-21219266.jpg 

Dear Father Brown: why am I bored by you? Why does your priestly charm fail to win me over? Can a kind reader tell me which of your 50-odd short stories I should read if I'm to give you another chance?



No comments:

Post a Comment